OFR-Led Crypto Veterans Group Acquires the 0N1 Force NFT Collection
A group of cryptocurrency veterans acquired the comic-focused, blue-chip NFT collection – 0N1 Force.
0N1 Force is among the first anime-themed NFT collections and comprises 7,777 side-profile characters and more than 100 hand-drawn features.
- According to a press release seen by CryptoPotato, a collective of cryptocurrency industry veterans led by blockchain investment firm Old Fashioned Research (OFR) acquired 0N1 Force for an undisclosed sum. The current project leader – Henry Finn (known as “Starlordy”) – will serve as the group’s CEO since the collection’s founders have previously departed the venture.
- Ling Zhang – Managing Partner of Old Fashioned Research – said “Starlordy” and his team created a “vibrant and supportive community” that OFR is “excited” to join:
“The new ownership group is filled with passionate supporters of art and storytelling, and their sincere energy has already given new life to this storied brand. Their vision and resources will give us the strong foundation needed to help 0N1 Force reach its fullest potential alongside any blue-chip in the market.”
- As part of the agreement, the former CFO of Binance – Wei Zhou – and Yield Guild’s COO – Colin Goltra – will also join the executive board. The former commented:
“I love 0N1 Force because of its unique community-driven story telling narrative. We will build on this early success to grow the Enclave into the mothership of world-class IPs.”
- The collective aims to invest significant capital into the NFT project and establish it as a leader in the Metaverse space.
- The 2023 target includes forming a 50 ETH Artist Fund to subsidize community talent, a council of Web3 and Web2 members, a 0N1 Conlave, and others.
- 0N1 Force is an NFT collection depicting 7,777 warriors known as the 0N1. The demons, monsters, and ghost spirits feature unique capabilities and attributes. Launched in 2021, 0N1 Force is one of the first comic-based NFT collections.